Forum: Carrara

Subject: The Ask Dr Stan Thread:

headwax. opened this issue on Oct 03, 2013 · 105 posts

DustRider posted Wed, 18 December 2013 at 4:17 PM

manleystanley wrote: "Seriously how much did you spend on all that dr bernie?"

The Broadcast version is $1695 ($1595 for a qualitying side grade). The upgrades for the Broadcast version are pretty pricey as well, $595 for a single version upgrade (or you can save some $$ by purchasing an annual sevice agreement for $400 per year and get the upgrades for "free"). The upgrades for C4D Pime are less, $395 for the version upgrade (more $$ if you miss a version upgrade or two), or you can get the service agreement for $250 per year.

Unfortunately, C4D Prime is missing many af the features that are available in Carrara, as are some of the more expensive versions. If your interested, you can see the feature camparison between the various versions here: http://www.maxon.net/en/products/general-information/general-information/product-comparison.html

If you want/need caustics, and subpoly displacement, you will need C4D Vizualize ($2,295)

If you want/need any of the following features, you'll need the full C4D Studio ($3,695): sculpting, dynamics/physics animation (other than basic particles), and hair simulation and rendering.

You definitely get a full featured (depending on version), very worakble, stable, and professional product with C4D. But it also carries a true pro price tag. If you need it for professional work, then it is definitely worth every penny. But, for me, and probably for most hobby/3D enthusiasts, it's just a bit too costly to justify.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......