Forum: Carrara

Subject: Why are Carrara freebies so rare?

x2000 opened this issue on Sep 25, 2001 ยท 21 posts

brenthomer posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 10:32 AM

rant mode on I think that if Renderosity wants to boost its free stuff section then it needs to start hosting the files. I hate to do html stuff so that means if I want to use frontpage I have to use tripod. My free space from my isp does not support frontpage. If Renderosity would let me put models up in free stuff I would have done so many many times. As of now I just dont have the resources to host files for other people. The other problem of course is money. All of my models deserve to be free, hell I wouldnt pay for them :) But if you look at the renderosity store I just think to myself, I would never pay squat for almost everything in there...BUT if you look at where the models are going it makes sense. Carrara is for people who really want to create and make things. I looked at poser and bryce...yuck...99% of whats out there is just rehashes of the same stuff. How many variations of Vicki need be made ? :) As far as I can see half the people in those communities are making 3d p0rn and the other half are selling them the objects to make it ;) To sum up: renderosity needs to foster more sharing by hosting the files...even if it would cost me a couple bucks a year for bandwith It would be worth it.