Forum: Carrara

Subject: Why are Carrara freebies so rare?

x2000 opened this issue on Sep 25, 2001 ยท 21 posts

x2000 posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 1:10 PM

Brent, I know exactly what you're talking about. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, please) that Renderosity hosts Marketplace files, though not free stuff files. Maybe a lot of people sell the stuff rather than have to set up a site to give it away? It is ironic that it's harder to offer stuff here for free than for sale. Now that I'm getting into modeling my own stuff it's something I've been thinking about a lot. However, my point is that, despite the hosting situation, we have tons of, say, Bryce materials, yet almost no Carrara shaders. Is Bryce that much more popular? Are Bryce people just more generous? Or is there some factor here I'm missing? And it's not just Renderosity. Even on other sites I just don't see much of anything for Carrara. Shaders, models, tutorials, anything. I'm sure that a lot of the Poser models we see were made on Carrara, but still...it just seems like someone would be sharing with fellow Carrara users. I will, when I get good enough that I can make something someone might actually want;) Maybe there's some really good sites I don't know about?