Forum: Animation

Subject: Is this forum new?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Dec 08, 2013 · 19 posts

poisinivy posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 2:42 PM

Quote - Hi Jorge

About Anti-aliasing.

The reason I don't use it, is that it really slows down the rendering process.

I find it's much faster to render in a bigger size then you need and then reduce it to what you want.

Actually when you get up to 1920 by 1080 jaggy edges aren't much of a problem anyway.

I've rendered both ways and I can hardly tell the difference.

But I can out put an HD frame in less then a second, add anti-aliasing and it can go up to several seconds, when you figure 4000 frames it adds up.

If you use Firefly then it goes to the totally impractical like 1 minute a frame or something.

I just don't have the patience to wait for it.

Mike

may I ask Mike  how are you render 1 seconds key-frames so fast if your using shadow maps? even with Anti-aliasing off, which i found makes no diffrence in render times with a Nvida 460 or better graphic card using firefly.

Even when i use deep shadow maps my 1080 HD scene render at about 30 seconds per keyframe and with raytrace it can take as long as 3 minutes  to 3 days  per frame and add dynamic clothing or poser physic  in the scene and it can up the render times even more.

I am really interested in how you are rendering so fast per key-frame. Are you rendering with out shadows?  I ask because thats the only way I could achive such fast render times pre-keyframes is to render with out shadows.

If I render a 300 keyframes scenes which equals 10 seconds at 30 kfps. It will depending on how much collision I am using, take from a hour to 3 days for 300 keyframes to render  using IDL 1 Ray-trace and 4 deep shadow maps which give the best results and quality rendering in Poser pro2012

& In daz studio pro4.6 I found that Uber-Enivoment lights spheres give the best results. But wicked long render times.. 

Now days Raytrace is about all I use for rendering shadow maps. I figure if I'm going through all this work.  I can be patient and render the scene at the very best quailty shadow maps . It took me a long time to learn that..lol without shadows animations have no depth.

so I was just wondering if your using a specialy shadows settings because the samples you posted , it didn't look like your using any shadow map  or other wise I would assume the frame of the glasses would have left a shadow on the face of the character...

Is that how you achive such fast render times pre-key-frame?