Forum: Community Center

Subject: "No politics" = no penises?

Chrisa opened this issue on Nov 24, 1999 ยท 20 posts

Hawkfyr posted Wed, 24 November 1999 at 11:00 AM

refering to bodybuilder thread: willow said:I'm very sorry. As a new member you may not be aware of our policies on image content. However, we can not allow this type of imagery to be posted here, because of younger viewers and parental concerns. We try to balance as much as possible to allow as much artistic freedom as we can. Thank you for understanding. than I said:Now wait a minuete, I'm the last person to endorse yanking pictures because of nudity,and I hav,nt seen the image in question. but that doesnt matter. two posts back on this forum is two images of a nude woman.(very well done I might add)...If the concern is younger viewers and parental concerns , why cant this artist post his nude male? then Grey said:Frontal Male Nudity is where most people draw the line... just ask the Motion Picture Association of America. An NC17 image is considerd unsuitable for minors even in the company of an adult, and will get parents put in prison. If that is not clear enough for you, I'm sorry Then he closed the thread, But what about that last comment?"If that is not clear enough for you, I'm sorry" was that really nessecary? all I did was ask a question. I dont think that it's they're policies so much as it is they're attitudes towards anyone who questions the policies. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”