Forum: Carrara

Subject: Why are Carrara freebies so rare?

x2000 opened this issue on Sep 25, 2001 ยท 21 posts

litst posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 3:33 PM

Hi folks, Sure, it's hell to upload something in free stuff . I wanted to do so when i had my website but couldn't simply because my web host doesn't allow file redirection :( . And after spending hours trying to find a web host that could do it, i've given up and decided that the files i want to share would stay on my website . This specific problem should be fixed soon, because the admins are working on the free stuff area to let members link to web pages instead of directly to the files . Now, i can say why Renderosity doesn't allow to store files on their servers other than store products and galleries/forum images . For the same reason my host doesn't want me to link to the files i've got on their server : the bandwidth bill ! Just imagine a thousand files of several Megs each being downloaded thousand times ... Also, how would it be possible to verify all the files to see if they're legal ? The mods and admins have enough problems with the current system . But it's true that Carrara users don't have a lot of freebies to play with . Though you can't compare Carrara with Bryce or Poser because when you make an image with those two softwares, you NEED some extra models ! They don't have the modelling tools of Carrara . The same, there's not a lot of freebies for Animation Master, Maya, Lightwave ... litst http://www.chez.com/litst