Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Question about GND4.2 and DAZ

truthordare opened this issue on Jan 26, 2014 · 16 posts

markht posted Fri, 14 February 2014 at 3:44 PM

> Quote - The real scary thing is to use Gen-X and put her on Genesis. Then you even have clothing that works well with her and the bends work well, out of the box.  :) 

I have done just that. Used Gen X to create a Genesis version of GND. The rumor is that Gen X2 for Genesis 2 will be released shortly. 

One think to recognize useing GND next door in DAZ Studio is that she does not come with DAZ materials.  The description says "Works in D|S (with Classic GND4 MATs)." Many Non-SSS poser mats will "work" in DS, but they do not produce results like the promo renders.  To get better results you will need to know how to adjust materials in DS. The specular needs adjustment to use these materials in DS. As you can see from the STD render the skin looks rather flat in the STD material. Rather than try to fix the STD material, I changed to use the AoA SS shader and fixed the specular there.

Above I have a comparison showing the STD materials that come with GND, my setup of the materials with AoA SS Shader and 75% subsurface strength. This is basically Skin A mild preset from the subsurface tool box with alot of adjustments to the specular. The 3rd image combines the AoA SSS with some techniques using the layered image editor (LIE) to make the skin paler. Strong SSS usually makes the skin look darker, like it is tanned. Most Poser SSS material use skin tone adjustment in the procedural shaders to make the skin paler. I did someting similar in LIE. Added a new layer, set the color to white, opacity to 10% and the blend mode to additative. I did that on each skin zone. Lips I added a little red color this way.