Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Show favorite render you did in Poser 4?

momodot opened this issue on Feb 21, 2014 · 24 posts

false1 posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 6:07 AM

Quote - I haven't looked at all that many of other people's Poser renders over the years (never really spend much time browsing galleries), but when I've ended up doing so I sort of see a bit of what you're saying, momodot.  A lot of the more current Poser images I've seen seem to get lost in a fascination with the more advanced methods and techniques, and end up being showcases for a shader technique or lighting method or figure-build concept.  Seemingly.  I dunno.  :unsure:  Whereas the... call them "more primitive" efforts are often more visually inventive or adventurous.  Even from the same artists.  Mind you, I'm mainly thinking of superheroine galleries at DeviantArt or someplace.  :unsure:

I agree. I've noticed when looking through older galleries that older stuff focused more on concept and visual creativity than imitating reality. I've seen alot of recent renders where the artist says they used Octane or some other high end renderer and the image is just boring. The image says nothing and there is no attentention to composition, color, or concept. It's ironic that traditional western art moved from representational, DaVinci for instance, to abstract, Picasso, whereas Poser has moved from abstraction to photorealism.

I think the average art lover would like to see a combo of the two. We'd like to see the the artists "hand", and a unique style and concept.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website