Forum: Carrara

Subject: Why are Carrara freebies so rare?

x2000 opened this issue on Sep 25, 2001 ยท 21 posts

twillis posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 10:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jabberdoggy.com

Well, you guys have got me thinking. Scary. I setup some web space for myself earlier this year (at the really boring link above), for the purpose of hosting free stuff like Cring, and tutorials. I especially wanted to work on tutorials that would encourage beginners and kids to try their hand at 3D. In fact, the only tutorials I have up there right now use Anim8or for modelling, instead of Carrara, because Anim8or is freeware. I plan to go back and add Carrara versions. Unfortunately, most of it is sitting idle right now, as good ol' Real Life has interfered with my plans. Nothing bad, just stuff keeping me busy. Anyway, maybe we could figure out a way to use my web space to host some Carrara freebies and tutorials. I'd still have some bandwidth limitations, but as it's sitting idle right now, maybe we could put it do some use. Right now it's a very plain vanilla website; I haven't done any real design or anything. It's divided up into two sections, CringWorld and 3DTutorials. Cring World was supposed to be for Cring freebies, though there's not much there yet. I do have some other critters in the works, though. 3D tutorials is set up based on type of project, with steps describing how to do things using different software. At least, that's the idea. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Maybe we can figure something out. --Terri