Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: who do you think is the best female character for Daz? (V4.2 or Genesis 2)

Aristoc1 opened this issue on Mar 03, 2014 · 9 posts

markht posted Tue, 04 March 2014 at 5:53 PM

Quote - of those 20 characters under Genesis 2/ V6...I was looking at them.. will they all work on the Genesis 2 ? or do I need V6?

thanks mark.

Some that say they are for V6 also claim to work without V6, although the appearence will be a little different. If you look at the promo images for "P3D Noa for Victoria 6", "Sabby-Lucy for Victoria 6" and "Sabby-Reagan for Victoria 6" they all have promo images of what the character looks like if you do not own V6. To my eye, it is not very different.  I assume you will also get an error saying the V6 morph was not not found when you inject the shape, but that error can be ignored.

If the PA is making the claim that you can use the character without V6, then the character must not be using the V6 UVs. The skin must be using either the default base female UVs or the V5 UVs that the free version of G2F supports.

Some the characters say you need the Genesis 2 Female Head/Body Morphs, which need to be purchased from the DAZ store.   Almost all G2F character will require this morph pack.