Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: omg, Blender impossible. >.< trying to make .5 inch slabs for poser

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 · 55 posts

charlie43 posted Thu, 06 March 2014 at 11:10 AM

Blender can be a real pain to learn - it is not always as intuitive as we would like it to be. One of the best series I have ever found for Blender is at the Blender 3D Design Course, taught by Neal Hirsig. I learned more from this course in a few weeks than I have learned in the several years I have been attempting to learn Blender. I was a Citizen at CGCookie.com for about a year, and really struggled with Blender because the instructors there spoke too fast and with an accent hard to understand, and would often not explain what they were doing. Ditto with Blenderguru.com. It was a very frustrating experience, and I dropped my subscription last year. Hirsig's tutorials are excellent - he speaks in a very controlled, concise tone, and is an excellent teacher. I would recommend this series to anyone attempting to unravel the mysteries of Blender. Even though I can easily afford Lightwave or Maya or 3DS Max, I prefer Blender over all others because it is open source and has the support of as very vibrant and responsive community. Check out Hirsig's courses at http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html. 

HTH

C~