Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free modelling sw that's good for architectural props?

grosporina opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 · 47 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Fri, 07 March 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quote - @max scaling is more to do with import/export options then anything in the proggy if its right size in modeler and scaled right on export/import it shouldn't change anything BUT because of posers tiny scaling they maybe rounding errors ;-)

I'm talking about modeling to scale, with proportional thickness.  Wings3D doesn't have real world units to model something to architecturally accurate scale.  This is especially true if you needed/wanted an object with specific thickness values relative to it's size.  You can add thickness to an object in Wings, but it's virtually impossible to measure a specific thickness measurement, in proportion to the world scale of the object.  It has nothing to do with the scale transition upon export, but upon modelling.  This is why I wouldn't recommend Wings for architectural modelling, unless real world scaling isn't important, and "close enough" is good enough.  I suppose for most Poser requirements, that is the case, but there's no telling how accurate someone would like their models to be, and it's a good thing that poeple realize that they aren't going to get precision results before they decide to start a project, and then realize it after the fact.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.