Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is hobby 3D a dyng art?

vilters opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 · 177 posts

aeilkema posted Sun, 09 March 2014 at 1:33 AM

Quote - I swear i just don't get this train of thought that people have who want Poser to become a Studio clone just so they can run Genesis natively. I ask once again, why not just use Studio if you honestly believe that Poser sucks so much? Also, while I can't defend the way Alyson2 looked, I don't think Roxie is ugly by any stretch of the imagination. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I used to think people were being facetious about that "Make Art" button, but I'm not so certain about that any more.

No, I'm not talking about running Genesis natively, not at all and I don't believe Poser sucks at all and to be honest, I did not say something like that. The only thing that imo sucks are the figures and I'm not the only one who believes that. It's very obvious people don't like them, they just aren't appealing. I don't want Genesis, I want good figures in Poser without being dependend upon DAZ. Poser simply needs good and competitive figures in order to be more appealing and perhaps even in order to survive in the long run. Appealing and good working figures that from the go have the support of a good number of vendors so these figures can be succesful and draw people to Poser..... not drive them away.

You can ignore the call for this in the community, just as SM is doing for years now, but it does have an effect on  Poser. Poser simply is content driven, so SM should make sure the content is appealing to the users and has the support of many vendors. That's why I mentioned Hivewire3D..... the seem to have pulled off what every other figure creator has failed to do, besides DAZ, broad support for the figure from the start. Thus making it appealing to the customer.

This has nothing to do with Genesis at all..... I don't want Genesis and DAZ doesn't want me to have it either, but SM needs to learn that the real power of Poser is in the content!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk