Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is hobby 3D a dyng art?

vilters opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 ยท 177 posts

Khai-J-Bach posted Sun, 09 March 2014 at 4:23 AM

A few years back I was a vendor. but I quit once I saw I was wasting my time as a vendor for little return. so I carried on making content for my own usage... but about 3 years ago that came to an end when I fell and wrecked my right wrist.

in a few weeks, all going well, I'm under going an ulnar shortening operation that should hopefully allow me to model again.

that history aside, I will say, I have noticed a definate shift in the forums towards the hostile in the last year.

some will say they haven't .. but it's there.. I've even had some with someone telling me I should stop posting since I wasn't upto date on my poser version. after I had to prove to them I was a poser user in the first place!

that attitude is spreading. I see in this thread, no gallery=no input. why? there's little in my gallery since I can't model atm and there was little I could put up for some time since I did'nt want to post WIP's of product.

does that mean I have no say? no. I do have a say.

so lets drop that attitude and encourage ppl to post their work instead of putting them down.

also the lack of educational posts... in the old days, a new feature had a flurry of posts exploring it.

now... maybe one or 2 a couple of months later..... ppl are being to quick to dismiss features and not use explore them. for instance, the cloth room. apart from a few individuals, hardly touched. the hair room, I know about 2 ppl that have gone indepth with it. the mat room? only really BB has taken the time to teach it.

lets get in there and see what the stuff does.