Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Profile modeling organic form, for hard-surface detail

LuxXeon opened this issue on Mar 14, 2014 · 52 posts

LuxXeon posted Fri, 14 March 2014 at 8:51 PM

**Xerxes0002**, thank you very much! I appreciate any and all input. Glad you found it interesting so far. Hopefully, you will also like the end result.

airflamesred, that's a good bit of info.  I really didn't find many close shots of the junction point between the cane and handle, and I don't have any in on hand to look at, so I was kind of "winging it" based on some reference material I found.  That's helpful info, and I'm going to use it to come up with something better for that area.

Tonight, I'm starting out by removing the old horns, and adding new ones with more detail.  The above image shows my process for this step.  After deleting the horn, I simply capped the remaining hole with an Ngon temporarily, and used a tool that made it as perfectly round as possible.  Next, I'm going to use a special extrusion tool to extrude some longer, "curved" horns.  The tool I plan to use here is kind of unique to my modeling package, but I might show what it does in the next screencap, because it's pretty cool.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon