Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is hobby 3D a dyng art?

vilters opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 ยท 177 posts

pitklad posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 2:24 PM

My guess is that the poser community changed just like the way this site changed...
At the old times the most advanced users were slowly becoming vendors but still were part of this forum, they participated in any way.
As some of them become recognized and maybe famous in the poser community they created new sites, stores and forums, RDNA is the first example that comes in mind.
Those new places were competitive to Renderosity store and this guided to strict rules about posting commercial stuff from other sites. That was the first time I started to feel less free to talk
A big part of the community looking at the profit possibilities started to turn from poser users to poser vendors and than more new sites with medium quality products started to appear. This made it easy to everyone think that can get money quick, I remember a few years ago I started noticing posts from people with very few posts and activity asking how to make stuff for poser and sell them. Apparently those people didn't came here to make friends or learn how to use poser better and have fun but how to use poser to make money, quick!
That was the time where I started reducing my visits on the poser forums...

My FreeStuff