Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is hobby 3D a dyng art?

vilters opened this issue on Mar 06, 2014 · 177 posts

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 21 March 2014 at 12:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - For Genesis 1, maybe, however there's been quite a few items popping up in Rendo's store in the last few days for Genesis 2, including a few sets with native format sets and poses from DM, a steady supply of V6 outfits from OOT (including the freebie), the Catfolks and three outfits for Genesis 2 male that have a jacket with movement morphs, which is pretty unheard of for male products. And those same products are sitting in either the 'Featured' or "Hot products" if you haven't noticed. (4 out of the 12 in both featured and Hot products have genesis support)

Let's review the clothing situation as it stands today.  There are 5 vendors that show up under Male Genesis Clothing, when I run a search on male clothing:

Sickleyield, Oskarrasson, dzheng, kang1hyun, & Razor42

Let's start with Sickleyield since he has been at it the longest.....

SF Wasteland Vagabond G2 - From the ReadMe:

"THIS PRODUCT IS FOR GENESIS 2 Male and Female IN DAZ STUDIO 4.6 ONLY.  IT DOES NOT WORK IN POSER."

SY Slim Jeans G2M- From the ReadMe:

"THIS PRODUCT IS FOR GENESIS 2 Male IN DAZ STUDIO 4.6 ONLY.  IT DOES NOT WORK IN POSER."

SY Sweater Vest G - From the ReadMe:

Usage Tips or Limitations: Does not work in any version of Poser.

See a pattern here?  I thought so.* * As a reminder - this is a Poser forum, not a DS forum.*

Oskarrasson doesn't make any genesis content that works in Poser, according to Oskarrasson.  He certainly could be wrong about this - he also states that his products don't work on a Mac, but I have never had a problem with any of his stuff before.

Dzheng's products do not come with Poser Companion Files nor is there any statement whether or not it will work with the DSON importer.

Kang1hyun - See dzheng.  His basic suit is nice - Looking at it, it is probably the best suit that has come out since then - god knows M4 never got a decent suit.  It has almost as many movement morphs that the M3 Casablanca suit had a decade ago. 

Razor42 has a nice pair of jeans - The swimsuit he made works via the DSON importer, so it is certainly an option.  Hooray!  I have 2 potential clothing items for my genesis male.

I agree that Dariofish's stuff is awesome - I have been real pleased with the genesis aliens I have purchased from him - he is also smart enough to make Poser companion files, so those folks who do try to get genesis up & running in Poser have something to work with.

Re: Female clothing - Yeah OoT does make good clubware - problem is I don't need clothing to go to the club - I'm not a Vargas wannabe - I'm a H.P. Lovecraft/August Derlith/Stephen King wannabe - so my clothing needs are different.

As far as the DSON Importer, it's been a hit-or-miss proposition - so far less than 50% of the genesis products I have purchased or gotten as a freebie have had successful importation into Poser.

Any suggestions for shoes?  So far, not a single one that I purchased over at DAZ works in Poser, and there don't appear to be any for sale here.

Well I think a lot of companion files issue stem from the fact that people had said that it doesn't work well in Poser, particularly those that have not even tried... so it's no surprise that the rendo vendors wouldn't even try to make them compatible. But there are those that have been able to get it working with success, and it's those that need to make sure vendors know they want to be able to use their items in Poser. Although it's quite possible, as with my sales, for their income on Genesis products to increase without providing those files. But the importer can only improve if more people use the product and fill out bug reports as they find issues; if all anyone does is complain, then the vendors will keep providing those products without the Poser compatibility.

EDIT: A new outfit just showed up and it looks like it has the companion files.