Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ categories after Windows re-install

kenmo opened this issue on Mar 24, 2014 · 23 posts

manleystanley posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 3:44 PM

Then abandon CMS and DIM. I don't use ether and have 146gig in 23 runtimes. The only content I have for Studio is genesis; a bit over 7 gig.

But then that 146gig is on a seperate HDD. Wish I could do the same with studio, but studio balks everytime I try to install content anywhere except where it wants it.

Thing is an old Poser runtime is far more orgenized then the drop it anywhere kids toy box Studios conte... my liba... my content libr... or what ever to sam hill DAZ may be calling it now, is.

But this has been an on going thing with DAZ installers. At one time I had 4 studio content folders in 4 different places because each era of installer installed to someplace else. {yes, my bad for not pointing them to the right place}

I install studio, point it to my runtimes and done. If I had to reinstll window 8; which I have never had to do, I'd cut the studio content folder out, move it one of my HDDs; 3, then just move it back when I was done.

Did you know that even though DAZ has changed the name of the content folder 3 times in 2 years, even it's newest items still come zip in a "content" folder, not a my library, or what ever the new name is for it that DIM wants it called to install to.

It is my candid opinioin DAZ wants content installation and orgenization as complex as possable to force people to use DIM and CMS.

You think I'm kidding? I am a carraraest, I did the beta for C8.5. When C8.5 was released DAZ had changed the autofit so in order to use it you absolutly had to have CMS installed. My solution to the problem? I don't use genesis directly in carrara. I refuse to have DAZ's DR... CMS on my comp. Simple as that. And I need absolutly no help downloading or installing my content.

Getting genesis set up for use in carrara is one of the things I use Studio for

Would you like to guess why I was banned from the DAZ forum?