Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: G2F... do you use her much?

sassanik opened this issue on Mar 16, 2014 · 63 posts

cypherfox posted Wed, 26 March 2014 at 5:06 PM

Greetings,

I use G2 Male and Female almost exclusively these days, and the HD morphs when I can (my laptop doesn't like them, but my desktops are happy to chug through them).

I'm really happy to see a larger volume of G2F content showing up here as well.

As a counter-point, DAZ has been constantly updating their older content (as in stuff that is anywhere from relatively recent to five plus years old) with free updates to metadata, and in some cases fixing up textures that aren't working right with DAZ Studio, and if you have the DAZ Install Manager the updates just show up.  They also, at least recently, have been on top of fixes for new content when issues crop up.

The 'Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female by MallenLane' is an excellent package if you've got a large library of legacy model content that you'd like to use on G2F.  If you have shapes or morph-poses you want to transfer over, Dimension3D's GenX2 software and conversion packages are top notch, just be aware that it's a complex problem, and his software reflects that.

I don't use Poser, though, so keep that in mind if you're a dedicated Poser user.

--  Morgan