Forum: Community Center

Subject: Oh my gosh please bring back freestuff old interface!!!

IceEmpress opened this issue on Mar 26, 2014 · 80 posts

IceEmpress posted Fri, 28 March 2014 at 5:04 PM

Yeah, I noticed the details button is gone too.  I think this was their "solution" to the problem Luxxeon brought up above, with descriptions turning into run-on sentences of the titles.

Sorry, but removing a feature in order to fix a problem is [b]not[/b] a solution.

Without the details button, a lot of freebies are now worthless.

Please fix this ASAP . (and please don't tell me that you can't.  The staff who make GIMP and FIREFOX could do it, and they work for free, so surely for-pay techies for a commercial site are more than capable of fixing something like this-- unless, by some chance, you're using craptastic software...  Which I hope is not the case.)  Couldn't you guys have at least tested this on a dummy site like most commercial sites do before implementing it? :(

Edit: Unicornst, are you telling me that all mesh textures are now lumpewd into "textures"?

Well, that's just great.  So Renderosity basically fixed things that weren't broken, and broke things that were working just fine. 

The only NEW thing I see so far is the ability to sort someone's freebie gallery by file format-- which isn't all that useful IMO when someone can simply click and find out.

I would have preferred that instead of that, a file list all formats it is in like we see on Sharecg-- esp. now that the details/descriptions no longer work.

If this format replaces the current one at the MP, it'll be like a proverbial bullet to the  Renderosity MP's head.