Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Questions about Genesis

Black__Days opened this issue on Mar 29, 2014 · 93 posts

Male_M3dia posted Mon, 31 March 2014 at 7:29 AM

Quote - Further examples. The picture above shows what autofit does to every dress, long shirt, skirt, and loin cloth I put through it. It makes them practically usless.

This is where PA tools come in. Sickleyield made templates that make dresses and loin cloths work better and add dress handles to them.. but it uses the Transfer tool rather than autofit for a better conversion. Still you may have to learn how to adjust weightmaps to get around the issue.

Quote - Checking the rigging side by side of genesis and G2 the differences are nominal not enough to change anything except possably how well shoes fit. And nothing like the difference for Mil3 to mil4 or mil4 to genesis.

The rigging and weightmaps are different enough to improve the bending and reduce the effort vendors make to get characters to bend properly, things that the customer generally do not see. 

My last genesis one set required over 36 JCMs to properly get the hips to bend without mesh deformation because the shapes were outside the norm for the androgynous weightmap that Genesis 1 provides. With Genesis 2, I'm using maybe 6 and that just to make the bend nicer, not correcting mesh deformations. I'm doing less work to make each set more like a specific gender than Genesis 1 and I think my sales reflect that as they're way higher than Genesis 1.

The increase in mesh density means I can use more emotions in my renders where they often looked strange with Genesis 1.