Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: G2F... do you use her much?

sassanik opened this issue on Mar 16, 2014 · 63 posts

bhoins posted Wed, 02 April 2014 at 5:41 PM

Quote - I'd reall like to use Gen2figures more, but I just cannot get comfortable with DAZStudio. Obviously DAZ doesn’t want me to create my own stuff. As I understand , they want me to purchase content instead. Whenever It is about being creativ and doing things for myself, things become complicated. All that Assets stuff, why has it to be so complicated, why not just saving my character. Why is there no “just follow my morphs” option for clothes and save them to the librarie? It used to work quite well on Genesis1 figures.

DS might have a lot of features, and the Gen2 figures might be the far advanced, but the workflow is a PITA. That’s why I’ll stay with Poser. ):E

It sounds like you are over complicating things. You can just save your character. File->Save As->character preset. 

You don't set "follow my morphs" with Genesis and later figures, it is automatic, if there is no corresponding morph in the clothing, it projects the morph from the figure to the clothing. With Generation 4 and earlier figures, presuming the clothing is superconforming, if the morphs are in the clothing, it is automatic. If the morphs are not in the clothing then there is a menu option that will project the morphs from the figure to the clothing. 

Assets are needed for content creation, not general use. Like saving your own custom morph, and other back end files (like obj files belong in the geometry folder in Poser or the morphs in Poser figures).