Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Someone's in the kitchen with...

ENGELKEN opened this issue on Sep 26, 2001 ยท 14 posts

Crescent posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 8:20 PM

I'm still not convinced someone didn't take liberties with the mesh before the release. Implants or not, she does NOT look like an average woman. If anything, she has the exact opposite characteristics. The average woman is either pear shaped - hips larger than the shoulders, or apple shaped - shoulders and hips about the same, but the stomache more prominent - no hourglass tapering. This figure has overly large shoulders, a tiny hourglass waist (with the obvious shelf between the ribs and the waist looks like 1800's with corsets or ribs surgically removed) and tiny hips. Working out at the gym, I've only seen one or two women come close to the upper body-lower body proportions, and they still looked far closer to the standard pear or apple shape. Every picture I see shows more flaws to the model. The high polygon count is great, the bends working is wonderful, but the base model, even after all the scaling, hiding, etc. still does not look right. I wasn't that thrilled with Vicki, but I could see possibilities. What everyone complained about was how stylized Vicki was and how hard it is to personalize her. Dina looks far more difficult to do. It's easier to significantly stylize a generic character, than significantly change a stylized character. Maybe with sufficient morphs, I'll reconsider. Currently, it's easier to Photoshop out a Vicki bend than to make Dina look average.