Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why does Poser customers like Conforming Cloths better then Dynamic Cloths ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 05, 2014 ยท 54 posts

moriador posted Sun, 06 April 2014 at 8:20 AM

Quote - Sorry all, I absolutely hate dynamic clothing. I don't animate. I do still images and to have to run the sim animation again each time I load up the pz3 while I'm working on getting the final image is just TOO much of a pain. I did it once using a tutorial when I was using Poser 8 just to say to myself that I'd at least done it, and I decided I wasn't going to go there again. I'm conforming clothing all the way. The only instance where I don't like conforming is when it comes to hair because I want and sometimes need to fit a hair model to a male rather than a female.

You only need to run the sim again if you change the pose. When you load the scene, it reverts back to frame 1, so you do have to advance the frame slider to the final frame of your simulation.

Occasionally sims get corrupted or something and they explode. To prevent that, once you have your pose and your sim done, save the sim as a morph to a new copy of the cloth. Then you can load that character pose with that clothing and dial in the morph whenever you want.

If you're in the habit of making last minute pose changes, then, yeah. You have to redo the sim. But after a while you get used to posing first and simming after.

You also get to learn which content creators make clothes that sim fast and easy, and which make real doozies. Almost all of the paid content I've used is superb in that respect, though.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.