Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why does Poser customers like Conforming Cloths better then Dynamic Cloths ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Apr 05, 2014 · 54 posts

moriador posted Sun, 06 April 2014 at 10:51 AM

Quote - Just adding, when I started to try to use the cloth room, I thought it was unstable, there were a lot of times when it would just hang, then crash.  Don't ask me what I'm doing differently, but after a while, that didn't happen anymore.  I've had several pieces of dynamic cloth active at the same time, start the sim, go pour myself another coffee, it's usually done when I sit down again.  There is a learning curve, but I couldn't explain what I'm doing now that I wasn't before, or vise versa.

Doric

Exactly. At some point, after a certain amount of headache, it just seems to start working.

My biggest problems have been with converting conforming clothing to dynamic. But that's not a fault with the cloth room. Some things just aren't appropriate for it, and I don't have the particular skillset to fix those that create errors. But an amazing number of crappy looking conforming outfits with dreadful rigging (balloon shoulders and knees, for instance) turn into things of beauty when they're converted and simmed.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.