Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Model published in Oreilly paperback book!

LuxXeon opened this issue on Apr 10, 2014 · 11 posts

LuxXeon posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 4:34 PM

Thanks, everyone.  Yes, it was a very happy moment this morning when the doorbell rang, and it was FedEx delivering a complimentary copy of the book to my door.  I knew the model was being considered for the book a few months ago, when Turbosquid contacted me to see if I was interested in allowing the model to be used by Tony in the creation of his book.  Of course, I agreed, and signed the release papers.  Then Tony emailed me after that that with his request.

However, I wasn't absolutely sure until today which model Tony actually decided to use, as they had an  interest in two of them at first.  So I really didn't know if I made it into the pages until I thumbed through to page 215, and saw my ball chair in the black and white example render, with full credit back to my DA profile page in the description beneath it, which I thought was really cool.

I'm reading the book now, and he really does have an incredible wealth of knowledge on realtime rendering for HTML, and there's some incredibly useful information contained in this book.   I'm extremely honored to have been considered for even the smallest part of it's creation.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon