Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 · 474 posts

moriador posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 1:19 PM

Quote - Actually I've seen plenty of professional ballet and high-end fashion shows with titties :biggrin:

But anyway.... I mainly render males. I do lots of sci-fi, historical and fantasy stuff. There's actually quite a bit of stuff around for M3 and M4 and I do a lot of kit bashing and make a lot of my own dynamic stuff when I need historical accuracy. More historically accurate armour (any period!) for males is always needed! I don't do everyday-type renders so I have no idea what's available in that line though.

I do these, too. Way more than anything else. (Also the kitbashing). I got into 3D art as a way to make RPG characters come to life. Suffice it to say, my roleplaying group isn't comprised solely of females battling other females. So I've always wanted more and more content for the men.

When I look at CGSociety and other such sites, I see tons of male characters being modelled and rendered, presumably mostly by men. 

I guess we don't see it so much with Poser because it has this reputation of being mostly used for crass pinups.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.