Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 · 474 posts

moriador posted Wed, 16 April 2014 at 2:51 PM

Quote -
Shane, totally agree with your observation of the demascularization of men, it's everywhere these days; face cream and leg shaving, eyeliner even, stuff like that.

It's a sensitive issue though, because no view can ever be said to be the right one.  I personally see myself as very open-minded but others might not.  I believe that every person on this planet should take their sexuality in whatever direction they are most comfortable with; the one that will give them the happiest life.

Most do, but some don't for fear of getting "labelled" - and that's epic sad.

On the other hand, though, you're just asking to be labelled if you "appreciate the strength and beauty of men".  Some will immediately take such a statement in a sexual context, few will realise that any other context for it even exists!

Agree completely. And, hey, my preferences run the gamut from pale, goth guys in tight skinny jeans to hellraising biker types with tattoos and long beards. I married a hairy man. He'd look ridiculous if he shaved it off. But I don't have to tell him to keep his "pelt." The less judgmental you are about appearances, the better the world looks to you (the world is also a lot sexier if you aren't constantly being "turned off" by this and that).

RE: the labelling. It's truly stupid. No one is going to ask me if I'm a lesbian, even when I show the most sexually provocative renders of women (some include actual intercourse). Why can't men have the same freedom? The labellers are sexist. But of course they do exist and can make life hell. However, while I have no way of really knowing, I doubt there are many of them in the fine art world. At least I hope there aren't.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.