Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How to make marble in Poser in 2014

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 22, 2014 ยท 44 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 11:05 AM

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?26024-Diffuse-Clay-Skin-and-Velvet-nodes

Quote - CQ I think I'm going to continue what you've started here. A word of caution however, I wonder how you plugged these in? Do you know that plugging into the Diffuse_Color means that it is going through a Diffuse node as well? And that plugging into Alternate_Diffuse does not pass through another node? When you got the blowout on the Alternate_Diffuse, I suspect you had the regular built-in Diffuse_Color/Value still turned on?
The general idea is if you want standard Diffuse and Specular nodes - you don't need to add any nodes at all. Those two are built into the Poser Surface.
But if you want to use alternative approaches to either diffuse or specular, e.g. Clay for diffuse or Blinn for specular, you should turn the corresponding built-in component off completely. Then plug your node into Alternate_Diffuse or Alternate_Specular. Those two inputs assume whatever is plugged in has already done its processing and no post-processing should take place.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)