Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 · 474 posts

hornet3d posted Sat, 26 April 2014 at 3:14 AM

If you continue to use the same figure and, like me, your modelling skills are very limited,  you are bound to reach a point that very few clothes are anything new and it takes a rare vendor to have the imagination to produce something that is really different.

These days most of my spending money goes on props and scenes but some does still go on clothing.  If it is something a little different in the male clothing line it takes priority as this is rare.  I do occasionally buy some of the so say 'slut ware' but only if I see it has potential to be modified into a Sfi-Fi type outfit with a few changes to the mesh and playing with the materials, for my own personal use of course.

I do render with female figures a lot more than male but part of the problem when I do want to add a male figure is finding a matching outfit.  By matching, I do not mean the same, but something in keeping with the female attire, which is more difficult than it sounds......or at least, it is for me.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.