Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 · 474 posts

sky09 posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 12:16 PM

When I bought the M4 model there was a glut of clothing and items for him at DAZ.  But when I began actually rendering a year or so later everything just about dissapeared so I've been making my own stuff for him in Hexagon. (In fact I make everything, hair, props, sets and so on in Hexagon)  When I began posting renders there someone in the forums got excited and asked if I would release some of the clothing I made for the characters.

As a product you push what sells the most.  I think a lot of things that have to do with rendering revolves around selling products.  My email is often crammed with adverts from DAZ even though I have the box "recieve product notices" unticked in my settings.  If you post a comment or render to your gallery there, you'll get advertising from them soon afterward. 

Most rendering groups I've seen at dA and elsewhere often have contests and challenges that require using whatever is the latest release for a specific product.  I think the bottom line is, male figures just don't sell well and aren't a priority. 

All of my renders involve male characters simply because I couldn't afford to buy the morphs for the base V4 that came with DS at the time, this was just supposed to a side hobby that took a while to get into. 

"Audiences know what to expect, and that is all they're prepared to believe in."