Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: I SCREWED UP!

Philywebrider opened this issue on Jun 04, 2014 · 37 posts

manleystanley posted Wed, 04 June 2014 at 7:51 AM

Ok. First dump DIM and CMS, they make you dependent on something with known issues and none of this is at all dificult to isntall yourself. It really is as simple as download/unzip/check folder/cut/paste.

Check Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/my library that is where your content... No wait, if you use DIM it would be in a different folder I think it's Documents/DAZ 3D/my dazstudio library or what ever they are calling it this month. None the less your content will be in a folder in Documnets/DAZ 3D. If your content is there then open Studio, check to see what is listed in DAZ Studio formats/my library. your content may have been installed but DAZ's DR.... CMS isn't showing it.

To uninstall open your control panel in windows, programs/uninstall. Then install from your back up copy in you back up apps folder. Don't have one? download Studio with out DIM from your product library, my account on the DAZ site, so you have a copy, then make a folder ;)

I have back up copies of Studio back to 3.1 and Carrara back to 6, and all the plugins/addons for both ;) I just like to have back ups. I also have all; and I mean everything, of my content backed up. That is one of the reasons I download zips and don't use DIM.

As far as CMS, I know where my content is, I installed it, and I use runtimes 98% of the time; sorted by figure, not the studio cluster F content folder, so I can easily find my content with out help. And I will continue to argue if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....

Hope that helps. I'm not at all sure why DAZ decided to take a fairly simple routen of installing content and turn it in to some rube goldberg operation. DAZ installers have been a PITA since inseption.

Or  am I misreading and what you are missing is the genesis and G2F/M starter essentials that aren't part of the Studio 4.6 download, and can be found in your product library on your account page at DAZ.

Beleive me, DIM is actually the hard way to download and install; or at least the more confusing and problematic.