Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: I SCREWED UP!

Philywebrider opened this issue on Jun 04, 2014 · 37 posts

manleystanley posted Wed, 04 June 2014 at 7:20 PM

I was pointing out DIM, CMS are suseptible tech issues. 3/5 of the posts I read on the DAZ studio forum, by people having issues, are issues with DIM and CMS.

Yes, clicking download, selecting the down loaded file, unzipping it, checking the folders contents, cut and past is just so difficult.

And DAZ could have just as easily have it set up so a little red + would be put in front of an item on your products list to notify you that it had been updated since you down loaded it last. But that would have been the easy way to do it.

There really is no need to turn a simple process in to some rube goldberg tech operation that fails as often as not.

And just what is so wrong with doing it manually?

So please tell me how well DIM and CMS works with the poser/Studio content I can buy at, what, a dozen or so other content brokers?  What's that you say? They don't work at all?

So just how are these not tools to produce a captive clientele? You can call it paranoia, I call it a marketing tool that has worked quite well.

Now wait, I wont denie that these are some great labor savers for people that really don't want to work that way with their content. If you want to install content to where DAZ wants you to, fine. You want to dress your figures in the clothes DAZ rells you to, fine. That is on you, I just want people, especially newbies to know you don't actually have to do it that way.

Sure if you want to limit the content you use to exclusivly DAZ content, fine. Don't learn the manual way of downloading and installing content, but why? DAZ isn't the only content broker on line with quality products, so why limit yourself?

Sorry folks, but some one has to tell newbies or anyone for that matter, the DAZ way isn't the only way.

Come to the dark side, learn the pleasures of handeling your content

Ah if it was only 1 bad experiance, hell I'd be happy if it was just half a dozen, or if I'd stop having them lol

Sorry markht  I didn't mean to talk all over you like that, was was responding before I finished reading your post.