Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: I SCREWED UP!

Philywebrider opened this issue on Jun 04, 2014 · 37 posts

Razor42 posted Wed, 04 June 2014 at 9:17 PM

I would say that 95% of customer complaints I receive from Renderosity products are in relation to installation issues. Multiple OS's, various folder structure setups, content on external drives and not to mention Mac's native inability to merge folders make a simple 'unzip and cut and paste' rather problematic for most users, especially beginners.

I use both DIM and CMS and have not experienced any issues with either so far, touch wood. And as far as I'm concerned DIM is a massive time saver and is the easy way of installing content especially for beginners testing the waters with Daz Studio.

Daz3D are actively working on fixing any known issues with CMS and with a new PostgreSQL database being implemented recently its definitely improving in both reliability and speed. IF you don't use it Manley how can you comment on its performance?

I feel a little of what your saying Manley draws on your lengthy experience and is a little akin to someone saying. Bah don't take your car to the mechanic, waste of money. You can rotate your own tires, change your own oil and check your own fluids easily. While the average car owner still has trouble finding the hood release. I'm not saying that being new makes you dumb but experience is definitely the difference between prefering use of automated processes and a preference to a manual process that can be tailored to your own individual needs.

All I can suggest is to try each method and make your own judgements on what you prefer.

And Manley if your interested in writing an installation process for Renderosity Readme's that covers all OS's, various folder setups and any Daz product format, I'd love to see it. And I guarantee no matter how clear it is there will still be customers that have issues and will say "the product doesnt work, how do I fix it?" and from a content creators side this takes time and resources to troubleshoot.

Just to let you know on one occassion I had no fewer then 10 page long email correspondences with a single customer who had somehow messed up a simple "Cut and paste" installation process. And in the end I wasn't able to get the item running for him and refunded his $5.50 purchase price.