Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 86 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 1:49 PM

Well it is worth a try but I must admit to being sceptical for a couple of reasons.  In one of the recent locked threads more than one person suggested the combatants should use site mail but it was ignored.   The reason is simple, a lot of the arguments are about ego and posters proving they are right so doing it 'behind closed doors' does not massage the ego.

Another good reason is that some people already do exactly that.  I am not the best at explaining myself and more than once I have been emailed either correcting me or looking for clarification.  On each occasion there was no argument and a good humoured debate followed with both parties seeing each other's point of view and no one worrying about who won.  Of course these are the consederate people and, by and large they do not need rules in order to behave and treat others with respect, it comes naturally to them.

On a rare occasion asking someone to take it to site mail might work by making them think before replying but it, I suspect, it will have no effect on trolls or inconsiderate people.

For once however, I really do hope I am totally and utterlly wrong.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.