Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 86 posts

AmbientShade posted Mon, 09 June 2014 at 9:04 PM

The mods do have a pretty good idea* who the problem members* are. It's not as cut and dry as just removing them. Cases have to be built against them and certain steps have to be followed and that takes time. When people engage in arguing with them it makes our job of building those cases that much more difficult and causes more problems which can actually prevent us from isolating and removing problem members sooner and puts you at risk of being added to the list of problems.

That's why I keep saying do not argue. Do not feed the trolls. I know that everyone is guilty of it here and there including myself, but you're just making things worse for yourself in the long run. Notify a mod or an admin and let us take care of it but do not get involved. If someone is being persistent and harassing then just step away and go find another thread to read or work on a project or do something that takes your mind off whatever argument is going on until a mod or admin can deal with the situation. That's why everyone has an ignore button. 

*ETA: I want to clarify this by saying that you do not need to be a troll in order to still be a problem member. They don't go hand-in-hand, and some people here are wrongly accused of being a troll when that's not necessarily the case. Again that's why it takes time to figure out what the real problems are and see if there's a way to fix them first. 

I appreciate the concept of 'take it to sitemail' by the way. 

~Shane