Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 86 posts

EClark1894 posted Tue, 10 June 2014 at 7:45 AM

Quote - I am not sure what the definition of troll is, at least in this context.  If it is someone coming to the forum with the sole aim of having an argument then yes that does go on.  A lot of the locked threads have less to do with trolls and more to do with inflated egos and the inablilty to respect others.  By which I mean they did not set out to cause an argument but took things just a little bit too seriously, or personal, somewhere along the way.

Just to try and keep things clear, I am not against this campaign and I hope it works but I am not sure trolls are the biggest problem and that from someone who has had difficulty 'letting go' on some occasions.  In my case it was the age old problem of thinking I have not been uuderstood (it happens a lot) when I have been understood it is just the other party does not agree.  One of the last threads to get locked was, in my opinion, just like this as the individual kept repeating the same argument thinking that he had not explained himself and eventually he would and everyone would agree.  Not picking out that one individaul but highlighting the fact that I do not believe the person in question was a troll but was someone who, like me, had difficulty letting go at that point.

I do find things have improved for me with the occasional use of the ignore button though so maybe, on occasions, we might like to refine the message and say take it to site mail or use the ignore button.  Down side of that is it spoils the abbreviation that was highlighted by moriador which I loved and totally missed.

I appreciate the ignore button although I pretty much never use it for one simple reason... the "Quote" button cancels it out. And you end up attributing  that quote to the person whose post you read it in, rather than the actual person who said it. For those of you are saying we're not going to totally stop the arguing, no we're not. I fully expect to violate the rule myself someday. Hopefully though someone will tell me to take it to sitemail and I will realise what I am doing and stop. And that's the point.