Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 ยท 86 posts

moriador posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 9:11 AM

Pumeco, Aeilkema

Sure people post things that are inflammatory. Yes. They do.

In real life, people say inflammatory things, too. In real life, they get away with it. Life, in case it hasn't yet become obvious, isn't perfectly fair.

Kindergarten teachers recognize that children have trouble coping with this fact of life. Most grow up and learn that as adults, the onus is upon them as mature human beings to choose their battles wisely and not fly off the handle every time someone says something they don't like.

We have agency. We have choices. If someone says something that you believe is baiting you, you have the ability not to respond. And in a group of adults who are discussing their opposing opinions, it's EXPECTED that we won't take offense and go on a long series of rants in response. Because retaliation is childish.

[self edited]

Most of us will make mistakes at some point or other. God knows I have. But I try very hard not to make a HABIT of it.

[self edited]

I've written about thirty posts in reply to things that were said in this thread and deleted almost almost all of them before hitting 'post reply'.

I'm sick of doing that. But, believe me, if I were to post the things that I'm thinking, I'd be thrown out of this forum immediately, and rightly so.

The most effective form of moderation among adults is self-moderation -- which is why after not self-moderating this post, I may find it better just to leave the forums for a year or so again.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.