Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Take it to Sitemail" Campaign

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 09, 2014 · 86 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 13 June 2014 at 5:11 AM

Quote -  

I think the best solution is to adopt a more humble approach if your words are misconstrued, and just apologize. Amazing how many conflicts between reasonable people can be put to rest this way.

Not with the extremely lame "I'm sorry if you misunderstood," (putting the blame on the other person for failing to get your meaning) but rather, "It wasn't my intent to offend you. But I can see how you could read it that way. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough," which takes responsibility for the error in communication.

I agree with that 100%.  I was a technical trainer for around 10 years, although I regarded myself as a facilitator, and I always found the most productive response to to a student if they did not understand something was "Sorry I clearly did not explain that very well".  Often I would then try and understand more about the person such as familes and hobbies and try to use that information to make an analogy that would explain the subject better.  Which is why I preferred the term facilitator, my job was to find the correct words and examples for the student to understand,  if they did not understand I had failed.

Of course that is so much easier in person which makes the above suggestion even more important on a forum where facial expressions and body language is mossing.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.