Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why do people insist on putting Mats in the Pose library?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Jun 18, 2014 · 107 posts

cschell posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 11:12 PM

One thing I do try and do as a vendor is to place all of my stuff in the same set of folders...

If the figure is found in say "mechs" (for example) in the figures library (this also includes any conforming add-ons for said figure), the poses, mat poses, and such will be found under the same folder name in the poses library and any props under the same name in the props library... it made sense to me to do it that way for ease of organization and consistancy...

I have to admit  I'm guilty of "vanity" folder names... I always place everything in folders that start with "Chris's...", but here again I try to ensure some consistancy... if I make ships then they would all go in a folder labeled "Chris's Ships"... poses, mats etc would go into folders with this same name and separated into subfolders as needed... props to the same name and separated into subfolders for specific figures as well...

Maybe not a great solution but I try... atleast this way all my stuff can be found under a consistant set of names...

Speaking as an end user... (I am one as well as a vendor)

I do have to agree about the added exclamation points etc added in front of folder names... it's annoying... I can deal with the vendor adding their name to a folder (it makes it easy to remember which artist made what and in fact I've found this handy when people have asked about something used in a render) but why add un-needed numbers, symbols, etc, to a folder name...

I also get a bit annoyed when a figure is under one folder name, the poses under another, and the props under a 3rd name... it makes it very hard to find items, poses etc at times...

It was seeing complaints about things like this in forums in the first place that led to my decision to make sure that everything could be found under the same name in each library section...