Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is a Poser > Vue Workflow Wortth $600?

Nyghtfall opened this issue on May 14, 2014 · 161 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 4:06 AM Online Now!

Well I have finally taken the plunge and purchased Vue Studio, well sort of.  I ordered it but the payment on my Credit Card failed, OK I may have made an error inputting the card deatails although I did check them.  Strange thing is, unlike other stores, I have no option to check and change the details or cancel the order and try again.  Very weird, still I will just have to remain patient.

I went for Vue for a number of reasons, first is the ability to use Poser shaders within Vue which I would lose in most other Poser alternatives.  I also have experience and like it but my version 8 is very dated, thanks to my one dislike of constantly having to upgrade the modules (I was using Esprit) which Studio negates in a large part.  I also like the upgrade subscription which I will take out as soon as I can place a valid order.

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait with fingers crossed that I have made the right choice.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.