Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why do people insist on putting Mats in the Pose library?

AmbientShade opened this issue on Jun 18, 2014 · 107 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 28 July 2014 at 4:43 AM

Quote - ...as the number of Poser users that read forums is a very small minority.

Do we have concrete info on that? Has Smith Micro released Poser sales data? Maybe the Poser community is smaller than people assume, or the number of Poser users that read the forums (any Poser forums) could be larger than expected. Remember that there are people who read but never post as well.

No there is no concrete info and I doubt the ever will be but if the number of people that post here and the other popular Poser forums are anywhere near a majority I really do not see how Smith Micro could be making any profit out of Poser.  Even if everyone on the forum upgraded to the latest version I do not see it being viable and posts show that many forum users are not using the latest versions of Poser.

So no concrete information but I still think it would be a mistake for any company or vendor to base their commercial plans purely on what is said in any forum.  Not that I am knocking forums I find them informative and useful but when it comes to speaking for the Poser Community in a single voice any forum is severely limited.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.