Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: slightly soapy water

xpdev opened this issue on Feb 26, 2014 ยท 86 posts

EventMobil posted Mon, 04 August 2014 at 12:24 PM

I have reallized that the good thing about still using the native 'Specular' channel is, that it is almost always unused in modern textures. So it is very easy to add this effect to any (even complicated) existing shader crowd.

Otherwise you could blend it into an existing specular construction with a blender node, of course.

I am currently working on adding bathing foam, which can be applied to the entire skin, but will become active only above a certain water surface height. Then I need to solve specularity the same way, because specularity on skin happens only above the water, not under water.

Here is a first attempt (Ted, please don't shout at me over the water surface, hahaa, I know I shouldn't use transparency, but instead refraction and reflection and the fresnel, it is just a trial render for the rough functionallity of it ;-))

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...