Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: slightly soapy water

xpdev opened this issue on Feb 26, 2014 · 86 posts

EventMobil posted Mon, 04 August 2014 at 3:38 PM

So, Miss Nancy, I checked this EasyShader3, and it sure looks good. However, I'm after a slightly different thing. The EasyShader uses a number of different images as a base and is limited to specific figures, because it basically manipulates their texture maps.

My shader instead is meant as a universal shader for any kinds of figures or objects, it therefore uses not a single image reference, is solely built from Poser nodes, a real material shader. You can put it on figure X or Y, and if you want can also put it on her shower cap, or a bikini, or the bathtub itself. Any such shadered object is covered with the foam, as long as it is above the indicated water level (which I currently enter manually in the foam shader in centimeters, but I could imagine writing a little Python script entering the water surface height in any foam shader in the scene).

Your statement 'p-node is camera specific' is wrong. p-node is related to poser universe (regardless of your camera position), it is working very well, as long as the WATER SURFACE is horizontal (which it usually is in nature ;-)) However I might later even try to create little waves with nodes, and copy this finction to the foam shader so it respects the wave. Do you think this is useful?

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...