Forum: Community Center

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

TinaK opened this issue on Jun 24, 2014 · 243 posts

3dcheapskate posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 7:47 AM

I did a quick check here and at *'two other well known brands*' - I went to the marketplace at each and looked at the 'Hair' category. I expanded the browser window (Firefox 31.0) to full screen - 1366x768. Results in the attached image.

Personally I think the one on the left is best overall. But only marginally, and judging from this one single test and nothing else. Simply because the 'block' for each item is smaller so you can see more of them on the screen at a time.

But even the one on the left has wasted space when you scroll down. (The middle one is the worst of the trio in that respect.)

Another thing that struck me was that the one on the right has different sized images for some products. That looks really bad in my opinion - but opinion and fact are often very different things...  ;o)

And really they all look more or less the same to me.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).