Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why aren't male figures more popular?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2014 · 474 posts

ssgbryan posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 1:53 PM

Quote -  
I remember when AerySoul, AsShanim, etc came onto the Poser content scene the work they did for our Vicky figures was incredible. They got numerous requests to create the same quality fantasy work for Michael and tried it but stopped after the first attempt because it just did NOT sell. Now their content was no less than GREAT and took a lot of work and thought getting it to that point so I can imagine they would have liked getting compensated for that effort properly. When they didn't they just stopped creating content for the Mike figures. I picked up that one attempt at DAZ and it was sweet. But never saw any such work ever available again. Not worth their effort! Can't blame them.

The same problem from other just as creative content creators indicates the endemic issue of lack of interest in guy images. Period. So why put the effort into it.

I never saw that item - can't buy what isn't for sale.  Once a vendor makes a product for sale, there is no point in pulling it - you never know when someone will pick it up.  I am still buying (and hunting down) Miki 1 content I missed when she first rolled out the door. - She works a hell of a lot better in Poser 2014/Mac Pro setup than she did on a Poser 6/G3 PowerMac setup.  Speaking of Miki 1......

There is still a Miki 1 product for sale here at 'Rosity, that hasn't gone into clearance - which means it is still selling (She is a good character btw) on a regular basis.

1 item in and of itself won't build demand. That is the kind of short term thinking that kills vendors.  I think that is the problem - every vendor expects a homerun out of the box - and is aggressively uninterested in building demand.