Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PP2014 Game Dev is available for download, sidegrade or upgrade.

vilters opened this issue on Aug 05, 2014 · 62 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 3:46 AM

I have downloaded and installed the Game version doing a default installation which uninstalled my current 2014 installation.  I had a few problems with my custom set up and Poser would not launch in my 'preffered state' but narrowed that down to a third party script, so it was not a Poser problem and I have since resolved the issue. 

Had the same problem as others in not seing the new features but thanks to threads here I went the 'Personalise' route and everything appeared.  In fairness the Game Dev Addendum does describe the procedure, in fact it is the first thing discussed which is logical.  Only helps if you download and install the Poser Support download and then read it so it trips up those like me that become impatient to play with their new purchase.

Had a few hours play with it last night, which for me means trying to break it and all seems fine so far.  Might be my imagination but the raytrace preview looks to be slightly faster with better results but, as I said that might be my imagination.  Other than that looks good to me so far and at this price how can you complain. 

So the plan today is read through the Addendum and tackle the new stuff.  Not realy interested in the game stuff mind, more interested in filling my still renders with characters.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.