Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is DAZ pressuring content makers away from V4?

petepix opened this issue on Aug 30, 2014 · 75 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 31 August 2014 at 3:40 AM

Well Daz still has loads of V4 and M4 stuff for sale.  I recently made a purchase from Daz, the first in a couple of years and it may not be my last.  What prompted me was the 80% sale on the V4/M4 Elite Ethnic Faces Bundle and the M4/V4 Creature Creater Bundle.   At $89.90 for the pair at full price I would not have purchased them but at $17.98 I guessed it was not going to get any cheaper. 

This also meant I could then purchase some M4 morphs at Runtime DNA which were also on sale.  I have wanted these for a while but as they needed the M4 Morphs the total cost would have been in the region of $75 now I have purchased them for less that $22 and got the V4 morphs into the bargin.

Now those into conspiracy theories could say that this is because the intent is to stop selling V4 and M4 stuff but many of the massive sales include Genesis stuff as well.

Whatever the reason behind the sales, as it looks as though I will be using V4 and M4 for quite a while to come, I am a happy little bunny at the present moment.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.