Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If the shoe fits

sheedee3d opened this issue on Sep 08, 2014 · 12 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 08 September 2014 at 6:11 PM

If you are using SSS somewhere in your material set up you will hane a scatter none.  The node allows you to set up the type of material such as skin 1, skin 2, marble, potato, skimmed milk, whole milk and there are a couple of chickens in there and a few others.  After this there is the option  to use the material colour, and then control of texture detail, scale and max error.  Below that is a colour box and and finally Scatter_Group. 

I normally set this for different groups where there are adjacent materials.  Such as lip and face if not there will often be a small bluish outline around the lips.  I have made this consistant on all my figures so that SkinFace will always be group 3 while the lips will be group 4.  They do not have to be those precise groups just different but I like to be consistant across characters.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.