Forum: Community Center

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

TinaK opened this issue on Jun 24, 2014 · 243 posts

Glitterati3D posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 9:47 AM

Quote - Well, I'm so appalled by the huge thumbnails meaning I can only see two products at a time at my usual browser width (and alternating two together, then just one in search results) I haven't bought anything since the website change. Two things I was after where Google searches showed Renderosity had them but other sites did too, I bought at the other stores, even though one was on a lesser sale and cost a couple of dollars more there. Other things that were just here I just dropped wanting them. So it will continue unless things change for the better.

But you know what's crazy - on the Marketplace home page, the thumbnails scale down on shrinking the browser window, so I can see four per row at my used browser width, exactly the same as at full screen, and would be able to see two rows too even with the normal store page data underneath. But the store/search/freestuff pages don't. WHY, WHY, WHY can Rendo have the item thumbs auto-scale down on the store index page but not the others.

But you know what's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY crazy - and I've only just actually realised this, parly because it is so unbelievably stupid and mad my brain has been refusing to properly process what my eyes see, because it is just too, too unbelievable - When you shrink the browser window a bit on the store, search results and freebies, the large thumbnails don't just not scale DOWN ... thay actually get LARGER!

Really. they do. I go to the store what's new page, fullscreen my browser, check the dimensions of a product thumbnail as it is DISPLAYED, and the DISPLAYED size is 241x281 pixels. (Note: that is NOT the actual size of the thumb image, which is 300x350 - the thumbs are being scaled down with my browser at full screen). The thumbnails on the Market home/index page are displayed at the same size. But if I reduce the width of my browser to my normal size (a bit over 80% screen width, though less than 90%), the DISPLAYED size of the thumbnail on the store listing pages goes UP to 290x338, whereas on the store index/home page, the thumbnails shrink to a DISPLAYED size of 169x198.

That is just completely CRAZY. It's not that the store software can't auto-shrink the thumbnails - with my browser fullscreened on my 1366x768 display, it is scaling the 300x350 pixel product thumbnails down to 241x281 pixels. And it's not that the store can't have the thumbnails scale down futher when the browser is not full screened and not as wide, because on the store home page it scales the 300x350 pixels down from 241x281 to 169x198. But on the store listing, search result and freebies pages it INCREASES the size of the thumbs from 241x281 to 290x338 when I REDUCE the browser window widtth a bit to my operating size.

And I've got to say it again because it is so completely NUTS. The way Rendo have the website configured, shrinking the browser makes the thumbs get LARGER instead of smaller.

Now - will some member of the Rendo staff EXPLAIN to me the logic for the site making thumbs LARGER as the browser size shrink; and why the store home page is able to shrink the thumbnails to maintain the number of items on display, while thae actual store pages not only can't shrink them but make them bigger.

And if you can't explain that (with honesty and a straight face) then GET IT FIXED.

ROFL, nearly 2 months into this and you think they CARE?  Puuuuuulease!

According to Renderosity, what you see is what you get - they consider the website fixed.  And if you don't agree, you can just take your business elsewhere.

The Renderosity Way.